Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Republicans or Democrats Party Time

Republicans or Democrats most importantly be sure to register to vote.  I am. Registered years ago and almost every year I have exercised my privilege to vote for the candidate that I thought would do the best job. So here's the thing. I am a registered Democrat. Why? I have no idea. My parents registered Democrat. The political leaders in my community were democrats, I had to pick one so I did.

I am a registered member of the Democratic Party, but what does that really mean. Not very much to me. I am going to choose who I want to vote for based on what I know about them. What do they stand for, do their beliefs in the local community, schools and view on taxes fit mine? Back in the day, it was even harder to find that out. Without social media you were at the mercy of the brochures left in your screen door. Occasionally an article in the local newspapers. Sometimes you got to shake their hands ask a few questions at a local fair or community event.


 Political Parties Fighting Each Other


Do I think like a Democrat? Am I a Democrat who thinks like a Republican? Most years, I find that most candidates just make a lot of promises. Most promises are never fulfilled. You never see or hear from your Senator or Congressman again. Laws are passed you and your neighbors hate. But your elected representative voted for it too.

So what is the deal with Republicans and Democrats anyway. Why in the world do we need two or more political parties. Can't candidates just run for elections, including President of the United States of America without a "party" affiliation? Why not? Parties have changed their positions over the years. The Democratic party was pretty against abolishing slavery during the Civil War Era. In the 1960's it was the Democrats that didn't want to sign the Civil Rights Act into Law. Of course it was a Democratic President and outspoken Democratic leaders who pushed their party to get this done. Republicans were all about rights for minorities. Can you really vote for the Party and can that Party stand for everything you believe in. Do the candidates have to stand for only what the Party at the time believes in?

We need leadership not parties. The days I hope, of the good old boys running the candidates should be over. Candidates have a voice. Senators and congressman had our vote and they are supposed to represent what we believe, we trust them to do that.



I'm not voting by party belief. Candidates have changed parties over the years. From Democrat to Republican. From Republicans to Independents.  Why bother having political parties at all anymore. Because they "financially" support the candidates? Maybe if the candidates can't find the support from those willing to invest in them because of what they believe in or what they represent, then maybe they shouldn't be running.

There is no doubt though that not every candidate no matter what party will probably not stand for everything you believe in. I guess you have to listen to what they say, find out what they have stood for. How they have voted in the past. Who else is talking about them and why. Scandal personally and business wise.

Check, Check , Check the facts so you can vote smart. If the truth is exaggerated or untrue or just plain wrong that's a red flag right there. They are either BS or just don't have a clue. And once you believe you have picked the candidate you will vote for, be sure to listen with an open mind to the other candidates because they may have something more for you to learn either way. Vote Smart. As smart as you can in this very political savvy world.


 Election Day Vote Smart






No comments:

Post a Comment